Two concerts not to be missed!
CoMA 25th Anniversary Concert, London – Saturday 22nd September.
We will be playing as part of the celebrations at St John’s Smith Square, London which will be taking place throughout the weekend. We look forward to seeing you there!
CoMA/ New Music Brighton Collaboration – Saturday 17th November Friends Meeting House, Brighton 15:00
We will be playing works by local composers Phil Baker, Guy Richardson, Ric Graebner and many others.
We are looking forward to rehearsing with our new MD Steve Dummer this season. New members are always very welcome. We will be rehearsing on the following dates at Sussex Uni Recital Room at 2.30pm
- April 8th 2018
- May 13th 2018
- June 10th 2018
- July 8th 2018
- August 5th 2018
- September 16th 2018
- October TBC
- November 11th 2018
- December 9th 2018
CoMA Sussex was established in 2005 and now has over 20 members. You can hear some of our recent performances at https://soundcloud.com/comasussex
We are an active member of the East Sussex Music Hub.
Our memorable moments!
- In March 2018 we performed at CoMA Fest – a festival of contemporary music at Chichester University which was a collaborative weekend event with professional ensemble – The Riot Ensemble
- In 2017 we performed in a pub for the first time – our Whiskies of Islay gig at The Brunswick in Hove in May 2017 was a triumph and we are returning on April 19th 2018 for another performance!
- In 2016 and 2017 we played at the East Sussex Music Centre
- In 2014, 2016 and 2017 we took part in the Adur Arts Live Festival in Shoreham by Sea.
- In April 2012 we took part in Gavin Bryars’ epic ‘The Sinking of the Titanic’ at Southampton Guildhall (a collaborative event with the Southampton Concert Orchestra).
- We’ve given concerts at Chichester University, in partnership with the lively student contemporary music group there.
- We’ve played at Lancing College.
- We’ve given two workshops in collaboration with Worthing’s Revolutionary Music Group.
- As well as CoMA commissions and Open Score pieces, we regularly perform music composed by our own members, and other new and experimental music.
CoMA Sussex meets once a month, except in August, on the second Sunday from 2.30pm to 5pm (NB please check 2017/2018 dates as some vary). We rehearse in the Recital Room at the University of Sussex.
For directions: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/aboutus/findus
New players – Your first rehearsal is free of charge. Members – The regional subscription is £60 per year (£6 per month by standing order) or £10 per rehearsal (£5 concessions). This in addition to your annual CoMA Friend subscription (£36 standard).
Chair: Paul Scruton
Regional Co-ordinator: Jenny Hasler
Music Director: Steve Dummer
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @CoMA_Sussex
Sorry, no events found.