We plan to hold a benefit concert for CoMA at St Leonard’s Church, Shoreditch with some of the fantastic professional colleagues who have worked with CoMA over the last 25 years.
The core of the celebrations will be a series of concerts at St Leonard’s, Shoreditch to showcase the variety of music produced by CoMA ensembles and associate ensembles from across Europe.
In the morning we will rehearse pieces to be played jointly by the whole CoMA family.
In a very extended lunchtime concert, each CoMA and associate ensemble will perform works to demonstrate the diversity of the ensembles and CoMA’s Open Score repertoire for instruments and voices.
In the evening all singers and players will join together to perform large scale works including Sounds, and Sweet Airs by Tansy Davies.
We’ll conclude the day with a party!
This will be a day for participation by all-comers, with CoMA workshops as part of the Kings Place Time Unwrapped series. The workshops are:
- Playing the Pulse: Play Andrew Poppy’s energetic piece with conductor Marc Dooley
- Timescraper: meditative and quiet pieces with James Weeks
- A Time to Listen: James weeks performs a Tom Johnson mediation on the passing of time
- Time is a tree: Voice workshop with Kerry Andrew
- Pulse and Illusion: Percussion workshop with Chris Brannick
- Ligeti Poème Symphonique: Bring a mechanical metronome to participate
Full details and booking for the workshops is on the King’s Place website.
The day will finish with a concert by the CoMA Anniversary Ensemble conducted by Gregory Rose. The programme will include:
Phil Cashian: Forest of Clocks
Howard Jones: Illusion of Progress
Michaël Levinas: Trois Pensée pour CoMA
Ruta Vitkauskaite: premiere of new commission