On Saturday there will be a performance by Royal Northern Sinfonia, conducted by Hugh Brunt, of MacMillan’s St Luke Passion. Forming an integral part of the Bach strand next season this major work will feature the Chorus of Royal Northern Sinfonia and Quay Voices in addition to the orchestra, providing a key opportunity for amateur singers to engage with the music of our time.
On Sunday, join like-minded individuals for a day of music workshops at Sage Gateshead.
Mix and match your workshops. Here’s a taste of what’s in store…
- Work with leading composer Sir James MacMillan
- Explore experimental vocal music from the CoMA Partsong book in sessions led by some of the UK’s leading vocal conductors
- Be the first to sing newly-commissioned works from an international line-up of composers
- Take part in a performance of James Weeks’ new work, specially written for the weekend
- Perform brilliant works from the CoMA Open Score collection, led by some of the UK’s leading lights in contemporary music performance and members of Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Perform experimental classic Rock Piece by Pauline Oliveros
- Be part of James Weeks’ new work, specially commissioned for the weekend
For Electronic Artists and the Digitally Curious
- Create an electronic music score for a short film in sessions led by composer and sound artist Mariam Rezaei
- Hear your music performed, and receive feedback from members of Royal Northern Sinfonia in short workshop sessions on the public Concourse.
(Max 3 minutes in duration, written for string quartet. For consideration, please send completed parts by email to email@example.com no later than 15 February 2018. All works submitted are assessed by a panel headed by James Weeks, the project’s artistic director.)
Limited places in some workshops, so book early to avoid disappointment. Age 16+. Minimum level Grade 5 or equivalent suggested.
CoMA North East, Royal Northern Sinfonia and Sage Gateshead.
Sorry, no events found.