The weekend begins for everyone with a rehearsal of Nigel Osborne’s commission I am Swimming on Friday night. Throughout the weekend there are workshops for singers and instrumentalists of all ages and abilities. On Saturday night, there will be a concert by the CoMA/London Sinfonietta Festival Ensemble as well as informal performances during the day. Throughout the weekend there is a strong focus on the involvement of young people with Music Hubs and East London Community Band. The weekend finishes with the performance of Nigel Osborne’s new composition in Shoreditch Town Hall by all participants.
The CoMA Partsong book will be launched during the weekend with performances by CoMA Singers.
Join us to
- Premiere a major new work for chorus and orchestra by leading composer Nigel Osborne
- Experiment with interconnected sounds and spaces with Hollie Harding’s moving sound installation
- Re-shape traditional and found sound sources with some of the latest easy-to-use technologies
- Improvise with wide-ranging musical sources to create new works with the Brunel Fusion Orchestra, led by Peter Weigold
- Explore entirely new approaches to singing with Janet Oates and CoMA’s ground-breaking Partsong repertoire
- Perform Steve Reich’s modern classic, Music for Pieces of Wood
- Experience the extraordinary range of today’s music in a concert by the London Sinfonietta / CoMA Festival Ensemble
- Gain insights into writing flexibly with a CoMA London and composers Gregory Rose and Andrew Toovey
- Take part in final Festival concert, a celebration and demonstration of the power of new music
Music at Brunel University London, CoMA London, CoMA Singers, CoMA Voices, East London Community Band, London Sinfonietta, THAMES Music Hub and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Sorry, no events found.