- Are you a budding musician, composer (or both?!) looking to meet other young creatives?
- Have you dreamt of making and performing in a musical work that will premiere in a national festival?
- Would you like to work with some of the UK’s most exciting classical contemporary musicians and creators?
We’re looking for 14-18 year old curious musicians, performers and sound explorers from across England, who would like to find their fellow music lovers and try something completely new!
You’ll be working with some of England’s leading musical mentors who are widely recognised for their unique approach to music performance and creation.
Artists will be announced very soon…
We are looking for young people (aged 14-18) who can attend:
- five online mentoring and creative workshops (14 & 28 October 2021, 5-7 pm. Other date tbc)
- creative workshop weekend in London (November 2021)
- creative workshop weekend in Manchester (January 2022)
- recording weekend in Gateshead (February 2022)
- live performance as part of the CoMA Festival, location TBC (March 2022)
The my sounds project is entirely free of charge and all travel costs will be provided for participants and one parent/guardian to attend the creative workshop weekends. CoMA is able to provide further assistance (including technical/device support) for any participants who may require this.
Please contact Tamara (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
We are looking for young people aged between 14-18 based in England, from a range of different backgrounds, who:
- are interested in classical contemporary music and the work that CoMA does
- have an interest and enthusiasm for music, composition, or collaboration
- are excited about meeting other like-minded young people and working together to make this project happen
- want to be involved in a new work that will be premiered at a national festival and engage in future progression opportunities
We have limited places available (12 participants in total) and we are looking for as diverse a mix of young people as possible.
- tell us a bit more about you and where you come from, and what your interests are
- any experience in music or composition (basic music experience preferred but not necessary)
- what excites you about taking part in this project!
- confirm that you will engage in at least four sessions throughout the programme (dates to be confirmed asap)
If you would prefer, you can make a video instead with these answers and upload it to an unlisted link on YouTube.
Complete the sign-up form here. Closing date Friday 8 October, midnight.
The my sounds project is supported by Youth Music.