The ‘mysounds’ programme is for 14-18 year old curious musicians, performers and sound explorers from across the UK, who would like to find their fellow music lovers and try something completely new!
Applications for this project are currently closed.
Our 2023-2024 ‘mysounds’ programme is running from October 2023 – March 2024. 10 young people (aged 14-18) are joining us for:
- 5 online mentoring and creative workshops (commencing 26th October 2023)
- creative workshop weekend in Sheffield (2nd-3rd December 2023)
- creative workshop weekend in Southampton (16th-18th February 2024)
- live performance as part of the CoMA Festival, London (23rd-24th March 2024)
They will be working with some of the UK’s leading musical mentors who are widely recognised for their unique approach to music performance and creation.
Una MacGlone, improviser and workshop leader
Lore Lixenberg, mezzo soprano and composer
Héloise Werner (soprano and composer and Co-Artistic Director of ‘Hermes Experiment’)
mysounds is for young people aged between 14-18 based in the UK, and open to people from a range of different backgrounds, who:
- are interested in classical contemporary music and the work that CoMA do
- have an interest and enthusiasm for music, composition, or collaboration
- are excited about meeting other like-minded young people and working together to make this project happen
- want to be involved in a new work that will be premiered at a national festival – keen to engage in future progression opportunities
We actively encouraged applicants from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds, including those from the Global Majority, d/Deaf and disabled people, working class backgrounds, LGBTQ+ identifying and participants from outside of Greater London.
- 2 places were reserved for participants from the Global Majority
- 2 spots were reserved for participants from Isle of Wight & Southampton
The ‘mysounds’ project is entirely free of charge and all travel costs are provided for participants. CoMA also offers to cover costs for one parent/guardian to attend the creative workshop weekends where needed.
CoMA is able to provide further assistance to cover access costs for any participants who may require this. Please contact Francesca (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.